«GK7+» is specialized equipment, designed to provide real-time detection of attacks on GSM/UMTS/LTE network nodes and protection from these attacks.
The system detects attacks exploiting SS7 and Diameter signaling and aimed to:
- determine a mobile subscriber location;
- get data related to mobile subscriber calls;
- intercept SMS;
- restrict mobile subscriber services;
- activate additional mobile subscriber services.
«GK7+» is an exceptional solution that provides real-time defense against signaling attacks. The defense is based on following filtering mechanisms of illegal signaling messages:
– silent blocking;
– blocking and generation of error response message;
– blocking and generation of acknowledgment / response message with fake information about mobile subscriber (false location / identification).
The system provides «simple-to-use» and «user-friendly» web-interface, which allows users to select data by type of a malicious signaling message, by initiator address and by attack object. Additionally, users can generate different reports to simplify illegal messages analysis.
«GK7+» provides users with ability to setup requisite variety of protection rules for filtering messages, including addition of initiator addresses to black or white lists. There are different modes in the system, such as: filtering of all illegal traffic and selective filtering. In selective filtering mode the system blocks illegal traffic related to predefined subscribers.
To simplify defense efficiency analysis users can generate reports. Export of signaling data files is realized in the system, so SS7 and Diameter messages may be examined by basic tools such as Excel and WireShark.
One of «GK7+» features is collection of all traffic related to predefined subscribers (tracing). User can monitor all signaling data related to roamer and detect such events as:
– travel abroad and coming back;
– arriving in country and getting away (for foreign subscriber);
– making calls and SMS transferring;
– moving (from one region to another).