The VIS Interception system designed for off‐air interception of VSAT communication
VSAT communications form the bulk of satellite traffic worldwide. The popularity of small VSAT terminals for providing reliable long-distance communications has made it very popular for use both by state and corporate organizations. Military and other government organizations use VSAT communications very effectively in order to avoid underdeveloped ground communications in remote areas of their countries.
The VSAT Monitoring System (VIS) is a modern advanced automatic passive VSAT interception system that allows you to intercept and process various VSAT networks and their terminals in interactive and automatic modes.
The system allows you to intercept and search for new VSAT networks, as well as monitor the contents of target VSAT networks, with real-time decoding / decryption and recovery of intercepted traffic. The satellite carrier intelligence and analysis system is integrated with the VSAT interception system to provide the ability to search for new VSAT networks on a selected satellite and offers a list of captured carriers and its payload. The analysis tool provides information about useful content, on the basis of which a decision is made to intercept a specific operator.
The VIS when connected with C, Ku, Ka and L Band antennas, provides capabilities to monitor the VSAT networks on target satellites. It is equipped with the proprietary protocol decoding capabilities for intercepting both inbound and outbound traffic through VSAT HUB and Terminals of different types of VSAT networks. The system can intercept and process the proprietary protocols of major VSAT manufacturers which are using DVB-S and DVB-S2 to provide Plain Voice, Fax, HTTP Pages, E-mails with attachment, downloaded files etc.
VSAT Interception system is equipped with an integrated database for the recording of intercepted and decoded traffic sessions and session parameters and a user-friendly GUI on operator workstations to analyze the intercepted traffic.
Existing customers of our VSAT Interception system can be provided with an upgraded system with latest hardware and software for incorporating the subsequent proprietary protocols added to the system for latest developments in VSAT communications.
Up Channel up to 100 km, Down up to 5000 km or more
Intercept VSAT vendor’s/ equipment:
• HUGHES PES
• HUGHES TES
• GILAT SkyEDG DVB-RCS
• HUGHES DVB-IPOS (Direcway)
• Gilat SkyEDGE IP
• Passive, non-intrusive operation
• Regional or national coverage
• Bespoke solutions to meet individual requirements
• Satellite survey tools
• Flexible, upgradeable systems
• Installation, training and through-life support
• Satellite demodulator/decoder/ descrambler/demultiplexer based on industrial grade computer
• Accept one L-band input
• Flexibility to manually select or automatically detect modulation/coder/ scrambling/frame types
• Auto carrier Detection
• Auto Clock Detection
• Automatic / Manual Gain Control
• BER calculation and display
• Display Signal Spectrum
• I-Q Diagram
• Support variable types of FEC correction codes
• Capable of performing the auto detect or manual select
• Possible to select all standard descramblers
• Determine polynomial for standard and nonstandard scramblers
• Framing type such as IBS, IDR and EDMAC
• Handling EDMAC mode with customizable parameters
• Handling frame decoder with customizable frame and signal
• View and analyze frame by adjusting period and offset values on dedicated frame viewer during signal analysis
• Separate industrial grade computer
• Flexible capabilities on VSAT parameters detection
• Support VSAT classification
• Automatically or manually select or detect VSAT vendor’s or technology
• Support variable voice codecs:
• Decode variable channel/network, transport/application protocols
• Handling A & ABis LAPD signaling
• Robust, reliable and user - friendly database management application
• Capabilities of performing search, advance search, sorting on the database